Friday, July 22, 2005

The Accademia Museum Has a Boner


Jesse and I hit Florence's two great museums today, the Uffizi Gallery and the Accademia Musuem. Both were very cool featuring The Birth of Venus and David. The Accademia is lucky that it has the great David, otherwise I think it would have to shut down since there really isn't much more to see there except for some ugly modern art (it is like wearing plaid and paisly together when compaired next to the amazing David) and a giant poster of an old naked guy with a boner (YUCK!!! I cannot believe they put that in the same room as David!). That is not my idea of art!

Anyways, we had a pretty easy day today and also got to see the Duomo. Florence get bonus points for being walkable for sure, but I'm not sure that I would spend a lot of time here otherwise if not for the art. I think Jesse and I are in agreement that Rome is much more historically and culturally interesting. Although, it is the birthplace of gelato...

1 Comments:

At July 22, 2005 at 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola- Well I got back from New Orleans last night. I found some cool areas where you guys could live. I'm not sure how affordable they are, but it looks cool, kinda like the east end in g-town. I'm definitely gonna have to come visit you guys there. Keep having fun!! Ciao, Allison

 

Post a Comment

<< Home